Tuesday, January 7, 2014

bread, b****!


Okay, didn't mean to be rude there in the title, just imitating Aaron Paul's Breaking Bad character Jesse Pinkman. Been meaning to continue with Season 2 but just can't seem to (but hey, it's on my NY reso list haha). Someday soon, I hope. I'm on my Parks and Recreation roll right now, like whee!

Anyways.... so I made bread from scratch for ze first time! The kneading process is kinda tiring but on the whole it was quite exciting hehe. I've done two batches so far. The first was hard-as-rock herb bread, while the second one was almost-there honey bread. Only time will tell if there'd be a third attempt... :)

Unintentionally-hard bun. : /


Was genuinely excited seeing the dough doubling in size. :)

Attempt #2 yielded a more edible result :)

Soft center, hard crust. But why?

No comments:

Post a Comment