Thursday, May 10, 2012

Seeing the world from our sepet eyes..

Happpyy burrfffdayyy, Jazzayyy!! Or is that Jas? Jaz? Jazz? Jazzy? Jasmine? Honestly, it bothers me that I am never consistent, but you, my friend, are one and the same. 獨一無二!

And on this special day, let me bedazzle you with this rhetorical piece:

Oh how do I love thee, jazzyching, let me count the ways...

I love thee for daily saying "hellooo" in the morning, "burrps" after lunch, "sleepy.." at tea, and "byeee!" at six and striking up every other chat topic imaginable in between;

I love thee for unabashedly sharing your thoughts and questions and aspirations and doubts and inanities, and for listening to mine;

I love thee for sitting with me when my shyness unsettles me (at church, at merv's bday dinner, and that dinner before we watched the hunger games, and other times that might have slipped my mind);

I love thee for thinking I have decent taste (and got me to go curtain & couch shopping);

I love thee for saying orange even though you think it is yellow (but c'mon, who are we kidding? it's orange! sigh, my mom has told me to stop being so contentious..);

I love thee for extending the generosity of your family [dad (food & show) and bro (bachelor pad & food) and uncle and aunty (more food =D i see a trend here!)];

I love thee for the meals enjoyed with each other and/or other people;

I love thee for your silliness which rivals (but regrettably doesn't top) mine.

Happy 2nd anniversary of your 30th birthday, babe! xoxoxoxo
Friends that stay in denial together will not realize that they have grown old together.
Me
It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 comments:

  1. eh i know, delayed response. but it warms my heart every time i read this. thank god for great friendships and i hope ours will last and withstand all past and future neuroses, insanity, deaths, births, old age, crises. i def know for sure, judging from this current phase i am in you have passed with flying colors. im here for you too :) don't ever doubt that. ok enough sap for now. mwahks. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't realise there was a test -_- hehehehe.. i think we can check most of the items on the list (except for births mmm) already. anyways, there are more reasons why i love thee than those listed here.. so thanks for all those and all these and... *HUGS* ><

    ReplyDelete