Monday, May 6, 2013

it didn't happen.

I can't remember the last time I cried myself to sleep, but last night I did. :(

with Lils ^_^
So the Pakatan Rakyat coalition did not win the elections, no thanks to the scheming ways of Barisan Nasional. This whole thing is hard to swallow, not just because of the loss -- I would have reluctantly conceded defeat if the elections were held in a clean and fair manner -- but this! I was and still am very angry and very disappointed, and just very, very sad.

I cannot accept the underhanded ways the elections was run. It was rigged from the start (perhaps taking a leaf from this article), but really, the elections were a farce, a mockery of democracy.

And post-election, the first thing the PM did was to blame the Chinese? Srsly, wth. Will they ever get it, that it's not about race? Stop dividing us! This card is stale, the horse is long dead! All the doublespeak and hypocrisy just stinks! To this so-called government formed not by consensus but by corruption, you are a joke. I hate you for what you have done. I hate your filthy ways. But I believe justice will be served. Just you wait.

And I don't think I'll ever understand how people can stand on the side of blatant corruption and sell their souls for mere dollars (I'm talking about the so-called educated crowd, not the ones who don't know any better). How do they live it down? How could they ever answer to our nation's forefathers, and to their children's children?

I have nothing else to say. Still in mourning mode. Will pick myself up eventually. I know I've done all that I could: I have no regrets. And straining to look at the bright side, not all's lost: we won more seats this time, we won the popular votes, an unprecedented number of voters came out to vote, more participation from the rakyat in the electoral process. (Oh you can read my current favorite piece on the whole episode). So it's still good. We've lost the battle, but not the war. This is just the beginning. Just you wait.

with WF and "Nurul Izzah" ^_^ (she won! that girl rocks!)
Oh btw, the session where I volunteered as polling agent went smoothly (thank God!). I was at SK Bangsar, which is under the Lembah Pantai constituency, together with Lils and WF. My duty slot was from noon to 2pm - I didn't mind an extra shift but I guess they had enough people.

And in the classroom, although we hardly spoke, I had enjoyed working with the SPR team and the BN representative in my classroom, even the cop who was stationed outside the hall. There were no untoward incidents, no illegal foreign voters (honestly I don't know how I would have handled them if they appeared at the classroom with their temporary ICs). I'm slightly emboldened by the experience, and will definitely volunteer to do this again come GE14 (including counting agent duties!)

No comments:

Post a Comment