Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Is it me, or is it harder to translate from Cantonese? Half the time here, I wasn't completely sure what I was translating, but I do think that I've captured the gist of the song. :) I'm sure a lot has been lost in this translation -- it wasn't until I attempted the translation that I realised the song's meaning is kinda bland, although the words are not and I would still sing it with all my heart. Perhaps nostalgia's magic got to me. :)



真情流露

仍难尽信我是这样地无穷好运 能遇上精彩的你 
我缺点胜别人 你竟费尽心神 把我留起
I can't believe how lucky I was to meet someone like you
Despite all my glaring shortcomings, you gave your all to lift me up

如仍未清楚地说在目前和今后 (仍难尽清楚地说在目前和今后)
无论那一天都爱你 我这刻要直言到沧海或桑田 最深爱的亦只是你
Even in the uncertainties of the present and the future, every day I love you
At this very moment I want tell it to the oceans and the fields
That my deepest love is you

我与你永不可别离 爱你爱到死 因只得你方可使我流露自己
你眼里那种种传奇 醉我醉到死 一生使我动情 是你
You and I will never part, I love you til death
Because of you, my real self is revealed
In your eyes lie a legend, that leaves me love drunk
In this life, only you could excite me so

No comments:

Post a Comment