Wednesday, March 16, 2011

#3
profanity makes me squirm. and even if i don't flinch, i'd be momentarily stunned, each time. it's like the word is shaking my shoulders and saying, "look at meeee!"

but much as i don't like it (and it's not for me to condone or prohibit), i don't see the point of masking it. i'll still hear them in my head no matter what. if you say 'eff it' i hear the full word. i see and hear every word when the TV tries to "bleep" them out; and when they change the song to be more radio friendly (e.g. cee lo's forget you),  i'll mentally reinstall the original word; i read them in full even if certain consonants are replaced with asterisks (sh*t or f**k) or if abbreviation is applied (wtf). i HEAR them. don't you? mm guess i don't see the point la.

anyways so yeah please excuse me if i lost my train of thoughts and the rest of your sentence when the bombs are dropped. i wouldn't call myself a prude (would you? haha..), it's just who i am. :)

oh btw, some food for thought.



friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'what! you too? I thought I was the only one.' - c.s. lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment