Friday, March 25, 2011

#5
Most of you would be able to relate this this: Reading! :)

I used to have a policy whereby I'd finish every book I'd started, but I've long since discarded it since I started reading more than just Jeffrey Archer and Sydney Sheldon.

My preferred genres are mystery/whodunits, investigative journalism, comics and humor, short stories, selected memoirs, and practical Christian living. I veer towards award-winning books too (cos I'm lazy to discover new authors) but that can be a hit-or-miss. Speaking of misses, i don't like self-help, horror, poems and poetic languages, deep thought-provoking stuff, travel and history. But i never say never!

Books were a luxury when I was young so buying books now that i could better afford them makes me like reeeally excited to the point of tummy wrenching joy. Srsly. And while some owners are particular about book care, i think dog ears and scribbled notes add character, but only if I was the one who made them so don't get any ideas. :)

These days I read much less than I'd like :( I am making myself read at least a dozen books a year (a figure which make most bibliophiles shake their heads in dismay) for fear that I'd be barred from listing reading as a hobby.



Friendship takes place when one person says to another, What? You too? I though I was the only one. - C. S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment