Tuesday, March 1, 2011

your cut was nowhere kind
with a bang you showed up uninvited
not just with the searing heat
your callous way brought much pain
oh the pain! of losing and of losses
and as you said goodbye, my dear, til we meet again
you nonchalantly took what we were not willing to give
but i found hope in what you were not
in what you did not care about
we will bury you.


I'm hanging on here until I'm gone
I'm right where I belong, just hanging on
even though I watched you come and go
how was I to know you'd steal the show

one day I'll have enough to gamble
I'll wait to hear your final call
and bet it all

I'm hanging on here until I'm gone
I'm right where I belong, just hanging on
even though passed this time alone
somewhere so unknown, it heals the soul

you'll ask for walls I'll build them higher
we'll lie in shadows of them all
I'd stand but they're much too tall
and I fall

february stars! floating in the dark!
temporary scars! february stars!

foo fighters :: february stars

1 comment:

  1. again, I wish I knew what or who I was talking about haha.. and who are "we"? curiouso, curiouso!

    ReplyDelete