Friday, April 20, 2012

Intermission III

I've no scheduled post for tonight.

Didn't manage to finish the one I was working on, as I am not in the mood for love.. *coy* I'm referring to the recurring theme in the songs I've been listening  to lately, of course.

It's Friday again tomorrow. Wasn't it just Sunday yesterday? But well, I'm somewhat resigned to be continually confounded by frivolous questions like that.

I'm listening to Switchfoot's Life, Live and Why. It's my thoughts perfectly encased in two verses and a chorus. Good ol' Jon, I can always count on his music or his words when I indulge in existential thoughts. Ah, thinking, a luxury afforded to the bourgeois*! Even when we are so undeserving!

Day and night and a decade has passed
Hello and goodbye and you breathe your last
Rhyme and reason but you're a mess
Catch the only ride out on hope express

That would be the first verse of my song should I write one. The only writing I'll be doing now will be 選擇 (trad.) and 选择 (simp.) [xuan ze; choose, decide].




life and love and why
child, adult, then die
all of your hoping
and all of your searching
for what?
ask me for what am I living
or what gives me strength
that I'm willing to die for

take away from me
this monstrosity
'cause my futile thinking's
not gonna solve nothing tonight
ask me for what am I living
or what gives me strength
that I'm willing to die for.
switchfoot :: life, love and why

* haven't seen this word since Wild Swans (or some novels in that genre) 

No comments:

Post a Comment