Sunday, April 15, 2012

intermission part deux

i've been tweeting a lot lately, and when i can, i try to do it in Chinese. it's amazing how much you can say with 140 Chinese characters. more than 140 English words, i say.

i've also been obviously listening to a lot of Chinese songs, esp leehom's, lately. and as you can see, i try to translate one song into English each day, as an exercise to sharpen my linguistic skills and in hope that i will pick up some if not all of the words foreign to me right now. it's a daunting task, but the sense of achievement each time i finish a piece is a reward in itself.

i am feeling rather demotivated right now, career wise. nothing much is going on (the sheer amount of blogpost i have been dishing out lately is a clear indication of that right?!) and i feel like my skills and age are slipping away. and when i talk to people, part of me is very much tempted to move on, while the other part wants me to stay. i'll let the subconscious work out the pros and cons for now.

so yeah, writing (or rather, translating) has kept me somewhat buoyant; an avenue for me to channel my energy. i am interested to see where this interest could lead me. while i am generally disapproving of unbridled emotions because if left unchecked, it causes people to lose sight of the bigger picture and all sense of objectivity, reducing us to blubbering idiots... and yet, and yet, the surge of adrenaline from unhinged passion and undivided focus can be so infectious and captivating. i wish you (and i) knew what i'm talking about.

anyways, here's an intermission of sort: an English song! i imagine myself to be the girl in the song. dreamer, that's what you are... while i enjoy it there, sometimes i am not very proud that i live in my own little world. Lord, i thank You for the friends and sister and the hubby who are my anchor to the real world.

i know a girl whose head is in a twirl
she has her own little world
and cos she likes me i get to look inside
and when i do, the things that i see
like trips to spain and houses in the trees
makes me wish that my mind was just as free

mayer hawthorne :: fantasy girl (cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment